Search This Blog

Friday 14 June 2013

Review: CND Vinylux in Rouge Red

In recent weeks I have seen the CND Vinylux polishes at my local salon.  My nail technician told me that it is a new weekly polish system and that the product lasts for a whole week.  That piqued my interest and today I decided to try it out!

I went for a colour called Rouge Red.

Its a lovely true red, there is no pink or orange tones in this colour, its a pure pillarbox red!  I think its a classic colour that can be worn at any time of the year.

You don't need to use a base coat with this system, that worried me at first as I worried about the colour staining but I was assured that other people who have tried Vinylux have not had staining issues.  You apply two coats of the colour and then finish with the Vinylux top coat.



Another plus is that Vinylux dries a lot quicker than other varnishes.  Normally I would sit under the drier for ten minutes but today I just gave it five minutes and it did seem to be completely dry after that.



I am really happy with the results, its a gorgeous colour and it looks as glossy as my favourite Essie varnishes.  The test will be how the varnish performs over the next seven days so bearing that in mind I will report back in one week to let you know how its worn.

Have a great weekend everyone!


~~~~~~~~ UPDATE ~~~~~~~~ UPDATE~~~~~~~ UPDATE ~~~~~~~~~

I took this photo exactly a week after the Vinylux had been painted onto my nails as I wanted to show you that it really does last a week!


Its pretty much perfect isn't it?  I am seriously impressed and I now hope my local salon will stock more of the colours as at the moment they only have twelve or so colours. 

I will definitely use Vinylux again and I really recommend it too!

No comments:

Post a Comment